cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I can build the STSW-SPIN3202/4 firmware ?

DKing.1
Associate II

Hi,

I've been trying to get an STEVAL-SPIN3202 board up and running, by building the standard firmware, per the STSW-SPIN3202/4 firmware package user manual, URL https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/user_manual/group0/58/90/9e/4e/e7/b5/42/f2/DM00446043/files/DM00446043.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00446043.pdf

I'm running into multiple layers of 'things not working as documented'. I'm trying to get the firmware to build, within the Keil uVision V5.3.1.0.0 IDE, being the latest. The initial build errors obtained were indicative that STM32CubeMX needed installing, which in turn needed prior installation of the Java Runtime Environment, neither requirement being mentioned by the manual. Both are now installed, respective versions 6.1.1 and 8u271, being the latest.

The build error lines now obtained is as follows:

'Error instantiating RTE components

Error #545: Required gpdsc file 'C:\Projects\STSW-SPIN3202-V1.0.0\stm32_cube\Projects\Multi\Examples\MotionControl\STEVAL-SPIN3202\MDK-ARM\STSPIN32F0\RTE\Device\STM32F031C6\FrameworkCubeMX.gpdsc' is missing'

In the Keil IDE, clicking the 'green diamond with four black dots' toolbar icon, to open the 'Manage Run-Time Environment' window, the expanding Device > STM32Cube Framework (API) > STM32CubeMX, and clicking the green play icon beside, launches a STM32CubeMX window, that immediately displays the following error:

'Can't create STM32F031C6 Project: error when loading STM32F031C6.xml file'

Attempting to use STM32CubeMX to generate a gpdsc file, as sought by the Keil IDE, manages to create said file, but with a different name. Renaming to FrameworkCubeMX.gpdsc and copying to where the IDE seeks, results in the IDE rejecting the file.

Help !

Regards,

David King

1 REPLY 1
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @DKing.1​ 

Sorry for late answer, last time I make an overall status on unanswered question on the STM32 Motor Control forum tag (the 31st of december), you're question was not visible on STM32 Motor Control forum tag.

Probably a tool bug.

Did you solve your problem in the meantime?

Best regards

Laurent C.