cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open in STM32CubeIDE

DAuer.1
Associate

I want to use the CubeMX Plugin in STM32CubeIDE with an TouchGFX project but I'm not able to open the .ioc file inside the imported project.

Board: STM32F429I-DISCO1

My steps are:

1. make new Project with TouchGFX
  2. Generate Code
  3. Start STCubeIDE and Open Project with "Open Projects from File System"
  4. Select "STM32CubeIDE" inside the TouchGFX project directory and import
  5. Press "Run"

it compiles and runs without errors.

First problem:

the .ioc file is missing inside the STM32CubeIDE-directory. But just on my PC, on my laptop TouchGFX copied the .ioc files also in the STM32CubeIDE directory. :ghost:

Solution:

Copy it

Second problem:

When I double click on the .ioc file, CubeIDE ask friendly for a migration to the latest firmware. To be safe, don't migrate.

I just activate one ADC, press safe and run and I get a compile error.

../TouchGFX/target/generated/STM32DMA.cpp:73:79: error: no 'uint32_t STM32F4DMA::getChromARTInputFormat(touchgfx::Bitmap::BitmapFormat)' member function declared in class 'STM32F4DMA'
 inline uint32_t STM32F4DMA::getChromARTInputFormat(Bitmap::BitmapFormat format)

A click on the function shows me, that it is defined. So I searched for the file STM32DMA.cpp and found two files in different locations.

STM32F429I-DISCO/Application/User/TouchGFX/target/generated/STM32DMA.cpp (function missing)

STM32F429I-DISCO/TouchGFX/target/generated/STM32DMA.cpp (function implemted)

The code generation with the copied .ioc file generates a new directories and a second main.c file.

When I open the .ioc File in the root directory with CubeMX and make a config change it updates correctly and compiles without errors.

What I'm doing wrong so that I can't use the CubeMX plugin?

1 REPLY 1
MM..1
Chief II

Change your steps 3 4

you create TouchGFX project and

in dir STM32CubeIDE exist .project file. Double click and project is imported in CubeIDE. IOC file too.