cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot launch STM32CubeProgrammer

devinahw
Associate

Hi,

I just bought the STM32MP157F-EV1 and was trying to get it started.

I tried to followed the manual written in the website and I thought I have completed step 4 and step 5 in the manual.

However, when I tried to populate the SDCard, I realize that I forgot to install Java before installing the STM32CubeProgrammer.

0693W000006Gpd6QAC.pngSo, I tried executing the commands in the manual.

However, the result is as follows:

0693W000006GperQAC.pngI am using Ubuntu 20.04 and I have read that a lot of people are having the same problem as I am.

I tried these steps that I found on stackoverflow

0693W000006GpfLQAS.pngHowever when I try to reinstall the program and run it, it still shows the same message.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

HI @devinahw​ ,

If you are using STM32CubeProgrammer v2.6.0 , no need to install java, the JRE is embedded inside (OpenJDK JRE).

Please use STM32CubeProgrammer icon created in Desktop for launching the tool (the Icon may need to be enabled manually in Ubuntu 20 -> right click on the icon and allow it).

Houda.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

HI @devinahw​ ,

If you are using STM32CubeProgrammer v2.6.0 , no need to install java, the JRE is embedded inside (OpenJDK JRE).

Please use STM32CubeProgrammer icon created in Desktop for launching the tool (the Icon may need to be enabled manually in Ubuntu 20 -> right click on the icon and allow it).

Houda.