Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to write a float with a slider

declareupdate
Associate III

howdy,

I'm using this setup:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W000005571h/how-to-write-variable-from-flow-in-cubemonitor

to write values with a slider, but it doesn't seem to work with a float.

1: what do the numbers in the "type" field actually correspond to?

2: how can I set this field correctly to send a float?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
stephane.legargeant
ST Employee

Hello

There is no pdf user manual, the wiki is the reference. Some help is also provided in the tool, inside the information panel.

The mapping between type number and real type is missing in the doc. Usually, I copy the information from the debug node, so I don't need to find the the type.

Here is the value to use and the mapping :

"1": Unsigned 8-bit

"2": Signed 8-bit

"3": Unsigned 16-bit

"4": Signed 16-bit

"5": Unsigned 32-bit

"6": Signed 32-bit

"9": float

"10": Double

So float is 9     

Best regards

Stephane

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
declareupdate
Associate III

I was able to make this work by using a debug node to view what the write panel sends out, but I'm still curious where documentation is on how the different types are indexed. Is there a manual or documentation besides the wiki that describes the functions of cube monitor?

stephane.legargeant
ST Employee

Hello

There is no pdf user manual, the wiki is the reference. Some help is also provided in the tool, inside the information panel.

The mapping between type number and real type is missing in the doc. Usually, I copy the information from the debug node, so I don't need to find the the type.

Here is the value to use and the mapping :

"1": Unsigned 8-bit

"2": Signed 8-bit

"3": Unsigned 16-bit

"4": Signed 16-bit

"5": Unsigned 32-bit

"6": Signed 32-bit

"9": float

"10": Double

So float is 9     

Best regards

Stephane

declareupdate
Associate III

thanks for the reply, understood about the documentation!

what do you mean by "copy the information from the debug node" ?

When I want to write in a variable from a flow, if I am not sure of address and type, I usually start by testing with a "write panel" node connected to a debug node. I can see in the debug log (on the right of the screen) the details of the write command : type, address. Then I copy/paste the information from the log to the template node.