cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First steps on CubeIDE and TouchGFX

DNardi_MS
Associate II

I'm moving my first steps on STM's CPU, and I would like to start playing with stm32f469i-disco.

Where I can find an updated step-by-step guide to open a project on TouchGFX, export into a project on CubeIDE and successful play on the discovery board?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ 

I advise you to follow the TouchGFX getting started and create your project from TouchGFX Designer with the right application template, then launch STM32CubeIDE and open the project generated located in the directory C:\TouchGFXProjects

You can also refer to the TouchGFX tutorials and TouchGFX MOOC to start your project,

Try the Demo with STM32CubeF4 MCU package: STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.25.2\Projects\STM32469I-Discovery\Demonstrations\TouchGFX

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ 

I advise you to follow the TouchGFX getting started and create your project from TouchGFX Designer with the right application template, then launch STM32CubeIDE and open the project generated located in the directory C:\TouchGFXProjects

You can also refer to the TouchGFX tutorials and TouchGFX MOOC to start your project,

Try the Demo with STM32CubeF4 MCU package: STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.25.2\Projects\STM32469I-Discovery\Demonstrations\TouchGFX

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Thanks @Imen DAHMEN​ 

interesting

Imen.D
ST Employee

Please mark the answer as best by clicking on the "Select as Best" button if it fully solved your issue.

This will help other users find this solution more quickly.

Thanks
Imen

Being in a similar position, I followed your suggestions of trying a simple TouchGFX Designer project and the STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.25.2\Projects\STM32469I-Discovery\Demonstrations\TouchGFX demo.

In both cases they failed to compile with:-

fatal error: touchgfx/hal/HAL.hpp: No such file or directory

fatal error: touchgfx/hal/OSWrappers.hpp: No such file or directory

After installing Windows10 on VirtualBox because TouchGFX Designer is not available under Linux I was hoping to get some return for my efforts.

Any suggestions?