cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to know the difference of device tree compiling the with the Developer Package and Distribution Package.

HMasu.1
Senior

I want to know the difference of device tree compiling the with the Developer Package and Distribution Package.

I understand that when I create my own machine, I can create device tree by following 2 method.

Method 1) Building device trees with Developer Package (separately from bitbake)

This method is described in following Wiki page.

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_compile_the_device_tree_with_the_Developer_Package

Method 2) Building device trees with Distribution Package (included in bitbake)

This method is described in following Wiki page.

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_create_your_own_machine

When I checked the operation with the device tree created by above two methods, the behavior was different even though the device tree source before compiling was the same.

Specifically​, with device trees build with Developer Package I can use remoteproc to exchange data with Cortex-M4, but with device trees build with Distribution Package I can not use remoteproc to exchange data with Cortex-M4.

If I want to Building device trees with Distribution Package (Method 2), is there anything else I have to do other than what is written in above wiki page?

​For example, in Method1, I have to execute following command etc. Are these commands required for Method 2 too?

PC $> for f in `ls -1 ../../sources/arm-ostl-linux-gnueabi/linux-stm32mp-*/fragment*.config`; do scripts/kconfig/merge_config.sh -m -r -O $PWD/../build $PWD/../build/.config $f; done

Best Regards.

H. Masuda

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ArmandG
ST Employee

Hi @HMasu.1​ ,

We have already talked in private for this question but this is for closing the topic.

So this was due to the layer didn't applied in the Distribution package, this is the most probable explanation to your problem.

Best regards,

Armand

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ArmandG
ST Employee

Hi @HMasu.1​ ,

We have already talked in private for this question but this is for closing the topic.

So this was due to the layer didn't applied in the Distribution package, this is the most probable explanation to your problem.

Best regards,

Armand