cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a simple way, without creating a custom Swipe container, to get the page of the Swipe Container?

Giovanni Cambareri
Associate II

Hi,

I've developed a UI with touchGFX where I'm using a swipe container and to finish my application I think I need a way to know the page I was in the Swipe container.

The steps I do are.:

1) in page x of the swipe container i press a button to go to another screen

2) when I'm in the other screen I press a button on a keyboard to come back to the previous screen and I need to come back exactly to the page of the Swipe container I was before.

I've read some discussion on the community about that but If I've understood well, the only way is to add manually a custom container. But I'm at the end of the UI so I would prefer to not follow this way. Is this the only way?

So far I've tried to add this function to SwipeContainer.cpp but I got errrors:

uint8_t SwipeContainer::getSelectedPage()

{

return currentPage;

}

and to SwipeContainer.hpp (in the public part)

uint8_t getSelectedPage();

In the screen where the swipe container is used:

uint8_t Screen01View::SaveCurrentPage()

{

currentPage=SwipeFunction.getSelectedPage();

return currentPage;

}

In the hpp file :

uint8_t SaveCurrentPage();

The error that appears is that one:

Compiling simulator/main.cpp

Linking build/bin/simulator.exe

build/MINGW32_NT-6.2/gui/src/screen01_screen/Screen01View.o: In function `ZN12Screen01View15SaveCurrentPageEv':

C:.......TouchGFX/gui/src/screen01_screen/Screen01View.cpp:581: undefined reference to `touchgfx::SwipeContainer::getSelectedPage()'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

generated/simulator/gcc/Makefile:154: recipe for target 'build/bin/simulator.exe' failed

make[2]: *** [build/bin/simulator.exe] Error 1

make[1]: *** [generate_assets] Error 2

generated/simulator/gcc/Makefile:149: recipe for target 'generate_assets' failed

simulator/gcc/Makefile:32: recipe for target 'all' failed

make: *** [all] Error 2

Failed

I will be glad if someone could help me,

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello GC2,

A new version of TouchGFX is available (4.16). In this version, the getSelectedPage() is implemented. You can download it from this link : https://my.st.com/content/my_st_com/en/products/development-tools/software-development-tools/stm32-software-development-tools/stm32-configurators-and-code-generators/touchgfxdesigner.html

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best.

/Alexandre

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello GC2,

A new version of TouchGFX is available (4.16). In this version, the getSelectedPage() is implemented. You can download it from this link : https://my.st.com/content/my_st_com/en/products/development-tools/software-development-tools/stm32-software-development-tools/stm32-configurators-and-code-generators/touchgfxdesigner.html

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best.

/Alexandre

Giovanni Cambareri
Associate II

Hi, thanks for the informations. I've just updated my touchGFX version and try to compile it....if I run target from the designer is ok, but if i try to build from the IDE I got this error:

arm-none-eabi-g++ -o "STM32H735G-DK.elf" @"objects.list" -l:libtouchgfx-float-abi-hard.a -mcpu=cortex-m7 -T"C:\.........\STM32H735IGKX_FLASH.ld" --specs=nosys.specs -Wl,-Map="STM32H735G-DK.map" -Wl,--gc-sections -static -LC:/........../Middlewares/ST/touchgfx/lib/core/cortex_m7/gcc -LC:/.........../Middlewares/ST/touchgfx/lib/core/cortex_m7/gcc -LC:/................../Middlewares/ST/touchgfx/lib/core/cortex_m7/gcc -LC:/.........../Middlewares/ST/touchgfx/lib/core/cortex_m7/gcc -LC:.........../Middlewares/ST/touchgfx/lib/core/cortex_m7/gcc -LC:/.............../Middlewares/ST/touchgfx/lib/core/cortex_m7/gcc -LC:/............./Middlewares/ST/touchgfx/lib/core/cortex_m7/gcc --specs=nano.specs -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -Wl,--start-group -lc -lm -lstdc++ -lsupc++ -Wl,--end-group

Application/User/generated/Screen00ViewBase.o:(.rodata._ZTVN8touchgfx12MoveAnimatorINS_11AnalogClockEEE[_ZTVN8touchgfx12MoveAnimatorINS_11AnalogClockEEE]+0xcc): undefined reference to `touchgfx::AnalogClock::setAlpha(unsigned char)'

Application/User/generated/Screen00ViewBase.o:(.rodata._ZTVN8touchgfx12MoveAnimatorINS_11AnalogClockEEE[_ZTVN8touchgfx12MoveAnimatorINS_11AnalogClockEEE]+0xd0): undefined reference to `touchgfx::AnalogClock::getAlpha() const'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [makefile:77: STM32H735G-DK.elf] Error 1

"make -j8 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

08:48:31 Build Failed. 1 errors, 0 warnings. (took 19s.738ms)

I'm using:

touchGFX 4.16.0 (just updated)

CubeProgrammer 2.5.0

STM32CubeMx 6.1.0

STM32CubeIDE 1.4.0

Anyway, the getSelectedPage works! Thanks a lot.

I wait for the answer of the other problem and then I will close the topic by choosing Select as best!

Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello GC2,

It says setAlpha() and getAlpha() are undefined. These 2 functions were added to the AnalogClock in 4.16. In 4.15 they didn't exist.

You updated TouchGFX Designer to 4.16 but have you also updated TouchGFX Generator in CubeMX ? The version must be also 4.16 in CubeMX otherwise you will have incompatibilities.

/Alexandre

Hi,

yes I've already done it before the last message.

The steps I've done were:

1. Update touchGFX version to 4.16
  2. Try to run target from the desginer (it worked)
  3. Open CubeMX , update touchGFX, generate code
  4. Try to compile from IDE (got errors)