cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import a .patch file

AFido.1
Associate II

Hello all,

I have received a .patch file (modification) for a SourceCode. How do I import this file directly to my SourceCode without manually changing the line changes described in it in the SourceCode. Is there a way to simply import this .patch file and the adjustment happens automatically?

Thanks for your feedback.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

Both proposal here.

Either rely on a terminal and play with common git batch commands (git amend <patch file>).

Or add integrated git support to STM32CubeIDE relying on Eclipse market place (Help>Eclipse Market Place)

0693W000006GS63QAG.jpg 

Some new project contextual menu so called "Team" is then available to you allowing full GIT management

0693W000006GS6mQAG.jpg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KnarfB
Principal III

The native way is applying the patch command from a (linux) command line.

Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

Both proposal here.

Either rely on a terminal and play with common git batch commands (git amend <patch file>).

Or add integrated git support to STM32CubeIDE relying on Eclipse market place (Help>Eclipse Market Place)

0693W000006GS63QAG.jpg 

Some new project contextual menu so called "Team" is then available to you allowing full GIT management

0693W000006GS6mQAG.jpg

AFido.1
Associate II

Thank you very much Cartu38 OpenDev. It works perfectly!

Please mark as answered will help community to dig into valuable material more easily.

I cannot "mark" this Topic as answered. I don't have any buttons like "Mark correct" or "helpful yes/no?"

@ST Member:

Please mark this topic as "answered"