cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot connect to IO link master (P-NUCLEO-IOM01M1) after firmware flashing

Sfu.1
Associate II

I have bought the IO-link master set P-NUCLEO-IOM01M1 from STM. For some reason, I have to replace Nucleo 446RE board with a new Nucleo 446RE board. 

Then I have flashed the new board with the Firmware P-NUCLEO-IOM0M1_Software_Package_20180724\Master_FW\Master_FW_99002-020-01004-002-01013.hex. 

But now I can not connect to the Board any more with IO Link Control Tool from TEconcept. The tool shows an error message "can not connect Master". Could anyone give me some hints how I can fix this? Is the firmware in the software package up to date?

Thanks a lot and best regards,

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The IO-Link stack is provided by our partner TEConcept, the binary of the firmware is only available there.

Please have a look into the UM2421, page 12, where you will find some additional information to upgrade firmware, which requires the IO-Link Control Tool from TEConcept.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Sfu.1
Associate II

Thanks for the answer. The steps in UM2421 requires first the Master to be able to connect to the IO-Link Control tool from TEconecpt. In my case, I have replaced Nucleo board so it is not possible to repeat that procedure. there is no way to do the flashing via ST-Link utility?

Correct, you need to contact TEconcept if you replace the original setup and/or delete the original firmware.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.