cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Motor Control Workbench 5.4.4 compatible with STM32 CubeMX 6.1.0? If so, why does the Project Generation tab in the workbench generate a "STM32CubeMX not found" response?

Mike Wirth
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mike Wirth
Associate II

Cedric, Thanks for the quick and informative reply.

After posting my question, I found a workaround. When MCWB "Generate" complains about not finding a compatible STM32CubeMX installation, go ahead and click the text to reinstall STM32CubeMX. Don't remember which version it installed (6.x?) but it apparently made the right connections (template file?) so the code generation took off and ran successfully.

Mike

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
cedric H
ST Employee

Hello Mike,

A bug fix release MCWB 5.4.5 is done and in the pipe to be released on st.com

To answer your question, the 5.4.4 release should be able to find your STM32CubeMX 6.1 installation as shown in the picture below:

Note that release 5.4.5 fixes some incompatibilities between MCWB 5.4.4 and MX 6.1.

So if you are using STM32G4 with internal OPAMP configuration like ESC-G4, I recommand you to wait for MC Workbench 5.4.5. or use cube MX 5.6

Regards

Cedric

Mike Wirth
Associate II

Cedric, Thanks for the quick and informative reply.

After posting my question, I found a workaround. When MCWB "Generate" complains about not finding a compatible STM32CubeMX installation, go ahead and click the text to reinstall STM32CubeMX. Don't remember which version it installed (6.x?) but it apparently made the right connections (template file?) so the code generation took off and ran successfully.

Mike