cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error unknown nature on STM32Cube IDE after update

VRami.1
Associate III

Hi all, how are you?. I'm making a project with an STM32F401VE and I've updated the IDE, after that there are about ten dependencies that says something related to inknown dependencies and the .ioc project doesn't opens. I read some over there and some other people had the same problem after the STM32Cube IDE was updated, currently for me is showing this problem with the version Version: 1.5.1, Build: 9029_20201210_1234 (UTC).

I tried also to import the project or creating a new project but the behavior is the same. How could this problem be solved?

In the meantime I will simply reinstall the IDE

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Julien D
ST Employee

The problem here is about the JRE version.

STM32CubeIDE embeds Java8 while, because of a 3rd-party installation (eGit, etc...), an indirect core dependency is updated and depends on Java11.

How to solve it

Notice: STM32CubeIDE has not been entirely validated on Java11, I strongly suggest to keep a backup of the jre folder.

1. Download Java11 from AdoptOpenJDK, binary archive not installer (https://adoptopenjdk.net/archive.html?variant=openjdk11&jvmVariant=hotspot)
  2. Go to STM32CubeIDE root directory and rename jre/ to jre.backup/
  3. Unpack Java11 archive and rename it to jre/
  4. (good practice: report any troubles you could face with Java11 on ST Community, but clearly state that the JRE version is not the default)

View solution in original post

40 REPLIES 40
Ons KOOLI
Senior III

Hi VRami.1,

Can you please screenshot the errors?

Best Regards,

Ons.

VRami.1
Associate III

Well Ons, I forgot to take a screenshot and I've reinstalled the IDE, but the first references That I found on the web about the problem are

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53287813/unknown-referenced-nature-org-springframework-ide-eclipse-core-springnature

and

https://www.openstm32.org/forumthread6094

the only picture that I can send right now is the one showing that my .ioc file was made in a CubeMX version newer that the one currently installed so until I can update the Cube IDe I can't easily modify the configuration of my project.

here is the picture

0693W000006GCzbQAG.pngmay be with the version of the STM32CubeMX you can track the update that is related to the problem but right now I don't have screenshots of the problem.

Johnny1
Associate III

I have the same Problem. After installing the 1.5.1 update, this problem occurs and it's not possible to Build a project anymore.

0693W000006GFpZQAW.png

Ons KOOLI
Senior III

Hi VRami.1,

What Operation System you are working with ? is it Windows?

Best Regards,

Ons.

Hi, windows 10 Pro 64 bits, and it's what @Johnny​ says, the problem is with the IDE update version 1.5.1 and the screenshots attached by him shows the same notifications that I saw

Hi, windows 10 Pro 64 bits, and it's what @Johnny​ says, the problem is with the IDE update version 1.5.1 and the screenshots attached by him shows the same notifications that I saw

Hi Ons KOOLI, here Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit as well.

EJOHA
Senior

Hi VRami.1 and johnny

I am sorry to hear about your upgrade problems. It looks like the upgrade was failed by some reason. 

From which version of STM32CubeIDE did you made the upgrade from, did you upgrade it from version 1.5.0 or some older version?

For investigations we would like to get the workspace log file. It will be good to have the ".log" file both from the workspace used when doing the upgrade and current workspace log file. Also the ".ide.log" is of interest. 

These log files are available in the Workspace/.metadata folder.

I have updated the topic field for this forum post to make it visible for STM32CubeIDE and STM32CubeMX.

Hi @EJOHA​ , how are you? I tried the installation and update againg and it happen again, in my case was updating from version 1.5.0 to version 1.5.1, the only .log file that I can send you is the currrent one on the version 1.5.1 (attached).