cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeProgrammer & ST-LINK/V2 & STM32F030 I get "Error: No STM32 target found!" error regardless of what configuration I try.

HLee.16
Associate II

STM32CubeProgrammer & ST-LINK/V2 & STM32F030

I get "Error: No STM32 target found!" error regardless of what configuration I try. 

Log:

ST-LINK SN : 55FF6F066675544945212587

ST-LINK FW : V2J37S7

Board : --

Voltage : 3.99V

Error: No STM32 target found!

The soldering is done correctly (tried it on multiple boards as well).

The correct USB driver is being used.

Not sure if relevant, but will add the following info:

> ARM-JTAG 20-10 adapter

> Under "ST-LINK/V2" it's written "B 2020 26"

What could be wrong? What should I try?

Edit:

The voltmeter reads 3.3V. (The earlier "Voltage : 3.99V" is from the logging output of STM32CubeProgrammer)

Edit 2:

So my PCB is connected to a battery source that supplies 3.3V when the switch is on (without ST-LINK/V2)

When the switch is off, the log outputs from STM32Cube Programmer reads 0.7V.

So I reckon, the combination of being connected with a battery source and the ST-LINK/V2 creates 4V that I was getting earlier.

Is this a thing? How do I resolve this? Do I need to provide an adjusted power source every time I update the software?

7 REPLIES 7

Hello.

> Voltage : 3.99V.... Too high. Is this the VDD voltage from MCU?

Tends to happen if the chip is non-functional or not connected properly.

4V probably not good, you'll want to double check that.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Oh, I missed "VDD = 2.4 V to 3.6 V​" in the documentation. Thank you. I'll check this and update if it fixed the issue or not.

Updated original post.

Updated original post.

Hello,

GND, SWDIO, SWCLK must be connected to board at least.

Common the grounds in the system.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..