cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use an AD7768 with STM32H743

LKris.1
Associate II

I will be working on a project were I need to make a lot of analog measurement very fast. Therefor we are using the AD7768 component from Analog, connected to a NUCLEO-H743ZI development board.

I haven't been working with this kind of interface to an ADC before, and I was hoping someone will guide me on, how to solve this, or maybe refer to an example of how this can be done.

3 REPLIES 3
Jaroslav BECKA
ST Employee

Hello,

for 8 output channels you could use either SAI (Serial Audio Interface) or PSSI (Parallel Slave Synchronous Interface),

provided that it's available in the product.

Otherwise, you could receive the data in parallel using GPIO, TIM and DMA.

AN4666: Parallel synchronous transmission using GPIO and DMA is concerned with this topic.

There is an associated software package X-CUBE-PARAL-COM with examples for STM32L4 and STM32F4.

Bench
Associate III

Hi,

I am facing the same problem. Actually I would like to read all Data via one line. Would be nice to hear from you how you solved this issue!

Thanks and best regards

Ben

risingEdge
Associate II

Hello,

I know this is old topic but I also wonder that how to deal with an TDM output of AD7768 if the SAI interface(as slave receiver) of STM microcontrollers?

Do you have any preferences or datasheet/manuals etc...?

I did lots of researches about SAI as slave receiver but generally documents inclueded in examples for SAI as master receive/transmit mode. So, unfortunately, I could not reach my goal .