cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi guys! I'm using X-NUCLEO-IKS01A1 for academic work and I need to use AI with SMT32CubeMX too, but IKS01A1 is not supported any more in SMT32CubeMX. What can I do to add that module to a new project? Can I download a library or change something?

JCuer.2
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi JCuer.2,

As  X-NUCLEO-IKS01A1 is not supported and from what I can see, there is a big similarity between your expansion board and X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2, this is the reason behind my proposition.

Otherwise, you find linked the STM32Cube BSP drivers development guidelines, It details the architecture of BSP drivers (class, component, common and bus) and gives examples of implementation to guide you developing BSP drivers on a given board.

Here you find also the Development guidelines for STM32Cube firmware Packs ,the Development guidelines for STM32Cube Expansion Packages and the User Manual to create a software pack enhanced for STM32CubeMX using STM32 Pack Creator tool for more information about pack creation.

Please feel free to come back to me if you need any other information.

Khouloud.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello JCuer.2,

Welcome to our Community 🙂

Since X-NUCLEO-IKS01A1 product is no more recommended for new design, it is not supported by SMT32CubeMX.

Otherwise, X-CUBE-MEMS1 expansion software package comes with a sample implementation of the drivers running on the X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2/X-NUCLEO-IKS01A3/X-NUCLEO-IKS02A1 expansion boards connected to a featured STM32 Nucleo development board.

This package is compatible with STM32CubeMX,  can be downloaded from and installed directly into STM32CubeMX.

0693W000006FrgYQAS.pngI hope this will help you to find a solution for your project.

Khouloud.

Hello JCuer.2,

If your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Thanks in advance.

Khouloud.

JCuer.2
Associate II

Hi @Khouloud OTHMAN​ , thank you for your answer.

I have seeing that inside X-CUBE-MEMS1 there is an option "STM32Cube_Custom_BSP_Drivers". It would be a better approach than using for example X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2? Where can I find documentation about making "STM32Cube_Custom_BSP_Drivers"?

Thank you for your time

Hi JCuer.2,

As  X-NUCLEO-IKS01A1 is not supported and from what I can see, there is a big similarity between your expansion board and X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2, this is the reason behind my proposition.

Otherwise, you find linked the STM32Cube BSP drivers development guidelines, It details the architecture of BSP drivers (class, component, common and bus) and gives examples of implementation to guide you developing BSP drivers on a given board.

Here you find also the Development guidelines for STM32Cube firmware Packs ,the Development guidelines for STM32Cube Expansion Packages and the User Manual to create a software pack enhanced for STM32CubeMX using STM32 Pack Creator tool for more information about pack creation.

Please feel free to come back to me if you need any other information.

Khouloud.