cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not seeing any L4+ example support in STM32CubeIDE, am I missing something?

JayDev
Senior II

Hello!

I'm trying to select a board for a project (since the wb55 is just a bit too slow for what I'm trying to do) and was looking at the L4+ series/boards. I wanted to see what kind of support/examples they have (especially since one of the IOT discover boards seems to have a lot of additional functionality). The problem I ran into is I don't see any examples for any L4+ boards.

I went to "Manage embedded software packages" and downloaded the L4 V1.16 (the most recent), expecting that to add them but they're still not showing up when trying to create a new project.

Is there no support for the L4 series as far as examples go, or do I need to do something to update my example project libraries? I already tried refreshing the target selector database and embedded software package updates with no luck. Am I missing something? I assume there are projects available (can't imagine them making those development boards with no example projects) but can't seem to figure it out.

I'm currently running on STM32CubeIDE V1.5, if that helps. Thanks!

0693W000006Fik7QAC.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
jrgert
Associate III

On my Windows 10 PC the examples are under

C:\Users\blahblah\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.16.0\Projects.

I no longer use CubeIDE, however I believe the location of the repository is in the CubeIDE settings (somewhere).

Hope this helps.

Hmm, that's weird, I'm not able to find it. Actually, I can't find the "blahblah" directory anywhere! heh . . .

But yeah, that got me to exactly what I needed to find, thanks for that! Not sure why it's not finding those files but I'll have to dig through the IDE's settings and find where it's looking for it. Maybe I just need to restart my computer or something.

I am a bit surprised to see how many boards don't currently have support though. Doesn't appear to have any examples for the B-L4S5I-IOT01A

board, which is too bad as it seems to have EVERYTHING on it . . . heh.

At least this tells me which boards are supported and which aren't. Thanks for all your help!