cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to migrate the CubeMX project (*.ioc file) to a different MCU

DBohm.1
Associate

I have generated a Motor Control solution for CubeMX using MC Motor Workbench 5.4.4 and NUCLEO-G431RB and NUCLEO-IHM08M1 and successfully tested with my motor.

How can I to migrate the CubeMX project (*.ioc file) to a different MCU (STM32G431V(6-8-B)TX)?

7 REPLIES 7
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @DBohm.1​ 

Sorry for the late answer.

Do you have still this problem to solve?

And just in case, if not, do not hesitate to share the final solution you found. Thanks by advance.

Best regards

Laurent Ca...

DBohm.1
Associate

@Laurent Ca...​ 

Yes, I do still have the problem. I've hand edited the *.ioc file for motor control. Is there a better way?

Thanks,

Dave

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @DBohm.1​ 

For more readability, I move part of your question title in the question dscription.

Best regards

Laurent Ca...

Igor Cesko
ST Employee

Hello DBohm.1 ,

To port existing STM32CubeMX project to another microcontroller:

• Create new STM32CubeMX project for target (new) microcontroller.
  • Then : File -> Import Project . And locate the existing project.
  • Conversion started with some warnings. Warnings shows some possible incompatibilities between MCUs and you can choose the solution.
  • Then please check the configuration of the new MCU and generate the code.
  • Use your files from old MCU project for implemented functionality.

I believe that you understand the functionality after first try.

Regards

Igor

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been set only to the "STM32 Motor Control" topic (the question is only about the STM32 MC SDK). 

Best regards

This method currently doesn't work in V1.7.0. It skips the target selector screen and continues to the .ioc file selection screen. In any case, whatever I do it always import the MCU package related to the imported .ioc file and creates a new project. Please help, I need to migrate my code to three different chips within the stm32f4 series and re-configuring each project using the .ioc editor is a painfully tedious process.

There are multiple options when you do that, which import option one are you refering to?