cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Most peripherals are inactivated in CubeMx.

AK47
Associate II

Hi,

I m working on STM32F769-DISCO board. I m using on STM32CubeIDE(vers. 1.5.0) and internally CubeMx(vers. 6.1.0). When I create new project, CubeMX interface is opening as you see on attached screen shot.

I can not activate USB_OTG_FS as "Device Mode". However some of all peripherals are inactivated.

How can I fix appearances of these modules?

Best Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The red markings indicate a blocked peripheral device that is already in use in that particular setting.

As the name Discovery Board suggests, these boards are designed to help you discover the capabilities of the target microcontroller. In order to help you as much as possible, external devices are already connected so that you can start programming immediately.

In order to explore the full range of possibilities of the MCU or to program completely free, either your own separate board is necessary or one of the NUCLEO boards, e.g. the NUCLEO-F767ZI if it fits your needs (the STM32F769 provides a MIPI-DSI Interface, while STM32F767 a parallel LCD-TFT interface).

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The red markings indicate a blocked peripheral device that is already in use in that particular setting.

As the name Discovery Board suggests, these boards are designed to help you discover the capabilities of the target microcontroller. In order to help you as much as possible, external devices are already connected so that you can start programming immediately.

In order to explore the full range of possibilities of the MCU or to program completely free, either your own separate board is necessary or one of the NUCLEO boards, e.g. the NUCLEO-F767ZI if it fits your needs (the STM32F769 provides a MIPI-DSI Interface, while STM32F767 a parallel LCD-TFT interface).

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello AK47,

According to your screenshot, the USB_OTG_FS peripheral can't be configured and no mode is available. If you move the mouse over the peripheral name or over modes a tooltip describing the conflict will be displayed (please see attached screenshot below).

0693W000006FgkkQAC.png 

Otherwise after dis-activating the peripherals creating the conflict with USB_OTG_FS, please check the the signals on pin through the Pinout view: Check whether pins are still mapped with signals creating the conflict.

0693W000006FgzFQAS.png Please try to follow the displayed conflict message and check if this will resolve your problem.

Hope this will help you.

Khouloud

AK47
Associate II

I saw OTG-FS description in RM0410(STM32F76xxx Reference Manual Document). I didn't recognize STM32F769-DISCO board is configured that way. So I understood this case.

Thank you for your messages.