cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any pre-build bare metal examples for the STM32MP157A-DK1?

MWors.1
Associate II

I was hoping to find any examples/pre-built applications which can be run off the SD card to simply turn on an LED or so, for the STM32MP157A dev kit. Can anyone point me to any resources like this?

6 REPLIES 6
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @MWors.1​ ,

DK1 board is provided with pre-programmed SDCard containing a "Starter Package" :

- OpenSTLinux booting system

-GTK Demo Launcher ( on HDMI display for DK1 )

-ready to use exemple in /usr/local/Cube-M4-examples and /usr/local/Linux-A7-examples

All details here : https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32MP15_Discovery_kits_-_Starter_Package

As you are mentioning "bare metal", be aware that ST is not supporting any other solution that OpenSTLinux on A7 side.

Hope it help,

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @Community member​. Thanks for the feedback. I'm aware what the kit comes with by default, but what I'm looking to do is a hardware proof of concept. Effectivly we're creating a new board, with a STM32MP151 as the main processor. In order to help validate the hardware is working, I'd like to have a completely minimal subset of instructions to simply, say, illuminate a LED.

Before I go working with my own hardware on the 151, I thought this should be a pretty quick thing to try out on the devkit with the 157. Looked like if I wrote code to simply enable LEDs LED_Y (PH7/W4) or LED_B (PD11/AC10) it would be a great quick test of hardware.

You mentioned that there is no solution for the A7 side which is supported. What about the M4? Do both cores have access to the same set of pins?

Look my project here (branch develop):

https://github.com/ua1arn/hftrx

Bare metal Cortex-A7 image following.

useful files and your test (fsbl.stm32)

ps: sorry. only one attachment per message allowed.