cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to know if the LSM6DS3TR-C supports machine learning.

LeoSandler
Associate

Also, are there libraries or example codes that we can use in our STM32 microcontroller, for specific applications like body movement detection ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You are welcome, @LeoSandler​ 

Understood...

>> Can the LSM6DSOX provide all these functions (Accel + Gyro), in addition to MLC ?

Yes of course on LSM6DSOX there are all the LSM6DS3 features and, and the FSM and MLC in addition.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @LeoSandler​ ,

unfortunately, the LSM6DS3TR-C has not embedded machine learning core (MLC).

The sensors that have MLC embedded feature are the one that you can find at this link (or here for the accelerometers), and are marked with an "X" at the end of the product name. For example:

• the 6-axis LSM6DSOX, that I would suggest you as a substitute for LSM6DS3TR-C;
  • the 6-axis LSM6DSRX
  • the 6-axis industrial ISM330DHX
  • the industrial accelerometer IIS2ICLX

Let me please know if you need more support or, in case, please mark this answer as closed by selecting "Best Answer".

-Eleon

LeoSandler
Associate

Thank you very much for your prompt answer.

The device we have currently in our design is LSM6DS3, which is NRND

I understood that the LSM6DS3TR-C  is a direct replacement.

Since we want to add additional functionality to our device, without loosing the current one, I'm not sure if the LSM6DSOX is suitable.

With the LSM6DS3 we are using both Accelerometer and Gyro measurements.

Can the LSM6DSOX provide all these functions (Accel + Gyro), in addition to MLC ?

Thanks !

You are welcome, @LeoSandler​ 

Understood...

>> Can the LSM6DSOX provide all these functions (Accel + Gyro), in addition to MLC ?

Yes of course on LSM6DSOX there are all the LSM6DS3 features and, and the FSM and MLC in addition.

-Eleon