cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue related to migrating from Keil MDK to Atollic TrueSTUDIO. Are my settings correct?

TERKI.1
Associate

Hi all,

I asked a question about settings 3 days ago, but there was no response from the community. However, I fixed the problem myself. I am sharing the solution as it may be useful for those who want to migrate the project from Keil to Atollic in the future.

I imported the projects from Keil MDK to Atollic TrueStudio for both TM4C123GH6PM and STM32F407VG in order to use GDB and OpenOCD features.

Wihile the Atollic version for TM4C123GH6PM that I use is Atollic TrueSTUDIO for ARM 7.0.1, the version for STM32F407VG is Atollic TrueSTUDIO for STM32 9.0.0.

The problem was that I was facing a hard fault. The reason I faced the hard fault was related to the startup file. I edited the files for both TM4C123GH6PM and STM32F407VG.

Now, my two Atollic projects work very well. I recommend Atollic to everyone, especially because of the GDB and OpenOCD features and no code limitations.

You can see my Atollic settings in the attachment containing the startup files and linker files for both microcontrollers.

Thank you very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @TERKI.1​ ,

Welcome to the STM32 Community 😊

Glad to know that your issue is solved, and thanks for sharing your solution. It should be helpful for the Community.

I advise you for your future posts to add the appropriate topics in order to increase its chance of being reviewed by more users and ST employees. (I just edited the topics for this post).

Please note that TrueStudio is not recommended for new products and it is now replaced by STM32CubeIDE (all-in-one multi-OS development tool)

0693W000006F6ogQAC.jpg 

You can use STM32CubeIDE and you will find available on the ST web page several user guides for using this tool.

As example, UM2578 Migration guide from TrueSTUDIO® to STM32CubeIDE: will guide to import Cube projects from TrueSTUDIO to STM32CubeIDE.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @TERKI.1​ ,

Welcome to the STM32 Community 😊

Glad to know that your issue is solved, and thanks for sharing your solution. It should be helpful for the Community.

I advise you for your future posts to add the appropriate topics in order to increase its chance of being reviewed by more users and ST employees. (I just edited the topics for this post).

Please note that TrueStudio is not recommended for new products and it is now replaced by STM32CubeIDE (all-in-one multi-OS development tool)

0693W000006F6ogQAC.jpg 

You can use STM32CubeIDE and you will find available on the ST web page several user guides for using this tool.

As example, UM2578 Migration guide from TrueSTUDIO® to STM32CubeIDE: will guide to import Cube projects from TrueSTUDIO to STM32CubeIDE.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen