cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB55 QFN48 Antenna Band Pass Filter

EYalc.1
Associate II

Hello, I am from Turkey and I want to use my university project STM32WB55 SOC. However, I do not have the chance to obtain Murata production from band pass and low pass filters used in reference designs. MLPF-WB55-01E3 IPD will not be in stock until the project deadline.

9 REPLIES 9
EYalc.1
Associate II

How can I find an alternative?

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

​Unfortunately, there is no second source.

The only way to replace it is to implement this matching network with discrete components.

EYalc.1
Associate II

Hi Sir,

yes I thought of doing so too. But can you help me on how to implement the bandpass filter used for harmonics with discrete components?

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

You can achieve this with the components described inside the red square in the picture below.0693W000006FfjBQAS.jpg

EYalc.1
Associate II

okay, so I understand this here, it would be okay if I don't use the low pass filter in the schematic.

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

This low pass filter issued to filter unwanted harmonics. Such filter is usually 50 ohms at both input and output. You may not need it. Up to you.

EYalc.1
Associate II

I will use STM32WB55 with the zigbee protocol for the control and data reading of iot end devices. Do you think it would be a problem to transmit and receive without filtering harmonics?

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

​No. As long as you do not intend to go for certification, that's quite OK. You will get some harmonics but it should not disturb the communication.

EYalc.1
Associate II

Oh, thank you sir. Now I can end the project with peace of mind.