cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create an STM32CubeIDE project programatically from command line ? I know it is possible to use stm32cubeide executable to perform a headless build of an existing project, but I would like to also create a project programatically from command line

Jjesu.1
Associate

4 REPLIES 4
Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

Not documented. So not supported I guess.

That is my reasoning too, I wouldn't go this route if undocumented, hence not supported even if there would be a hacky way to do it.

Ozone
Lead

> How to create an STM32CubeIDE project programatically from command line ?

I suppose you did not mean what you said.

Instead, you want to build a Cube project from command line.

I don't use CubeIDE myself (for good reasons), but most Eclipse-based IDEs offer an option to create make-file based projects. Such a make file is intended to be executed from command line.

Even builds of common projects are usually realized as nested make-files. I never tried a make from outside the IDE, though.

Alternatively, you could get a proper toolchain.

I'm not aware if STM32CubeIDE. Maybe you can rely on STM32CubeMX generating data setting STM32CubeIDE as outputs target.

Headless project creation is documented if STM32CubeMX. See user guide: https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/dm00104712-stm32cubemx-for-stm32-configuration-and-initialization-c-code-generation-stmicroelectronics.pdf

0693W000006FS24QAG.jpg