I I want an example of a card simulation, using X-nucleo-Nfc06A1

zjhon.1
Associate II
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi @zjhon.1 (Community Member)​ 

the NFC Forum Activity specifications defines Card Emulation for TA4, T4B and T3 types. Our rfal_nfc convenience layer implement the card emulation for those types as defined by the NFC Forum.

If I well understand you need, you would like to emulate something close to T2 with additional proprietary commands. In my understand is correction, I would suggest to follow the recommendation provided by Ulysses HERNIOSUS to hack the T4T Card Emulation case in rfal_nfc.

Feel free to provide more information about your application and your use cases.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi @zjhon.1​ 

an example of card emulation is included in the X-CUBE-NFC6 firmware package as part of the pollingTagDetect project. Both T3T and T4AT card are emulated. In the pollingTagDetect, the ST25R3916 loops between reader/writer mode and card emulation mode. If only card emulation is needed, the demo can easily be modified.

Feel free to share more details about your application and use cases.

If this is answering your question, would you please mark this answer as the best so that it is marked as resolved.

Thanks

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I want to emulation the non-standard NFC protocol (not T3T, not T4T). only use The AFE of ST25R3916 to send and receive data;

just like this:

0693W000006FPqLQAW.pngIs there an example like this this I can refer to

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi  @zjhon.1​ 

Can you elaborate on the non-standard protocol? is the anti collision also non standard or is the anti-collision compliant with ISO14443-A ?

I mean, is the non-standard protocol only used after the card enters ACTIVE state?

Can you confirm also that only ISO14443-A modulation is used?

Thanks

Rgds

BT

布赖�?� · 蒂波 (圣员工)

在命令的开头和传输中,有一些�?�标准�??议;

大多数�?然是标准ISO14443-A,包括防撞;

我肯定是 Iso14443 - A 调制

HI Brian TIDAL (ST Employee)

There are some non-standard protocols in the beginning and transmission of a command;

Most are still standard ISO14443-A, including collision prevention;

I'm sure it's ISO14443-A modulation;

0693W000006FZvBQAW.png

Hi zjhon.1,

Not clear to me what exactly you want to achieve. With ST25R3916 it is possible to emulate various cards. For ISO14443A we are delivering a T4T emulation as example. It should be straightforward to emulate other smart-card applications as well.

Emulating non-ISODEP cards is from chip perspective also possible but the timings may get challenging for the MCU even after anticollision/activation. For this we don't deliver examples but you could compare to our T3T which does not use ISODEP.

Regards, Ulysses

Hi Ulysses HERNIOSUS 

I wanted to simulate slave cards using ST25R3916: most of the commands are standard ISO14443-A, but interspersed with non-standard commands

Hi ​Brian TIDAL

Can you give me some help?Thank you

Hi zjhon.1,

sorry we don't have exactly what you need. I guess you will need to hack into our existing T4T demo to catch the frames before they are received by our ISODEP layer. Happy hacking!

BR, Ulysses