cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirement of external buffer & transceiver for address & data bus for FMC SRAM interface STM32

Agour.1
Associate III

I am planning to interface 4 numbers of Wiz830MJ modules with STM32L496 using FMC SRAM interface. Is there a need to have buffers for address bus and transceivers for data bus. OR else Can i manage without these buffers/tranceivers ?

2 REPLIES 2

I don't know what exactly the modules are (I am not going to look up their datasheet etc.), but generally, the GPIO "speeds" figure in the STM32 datasheets are given with a 50pF load; and I guess 4 chips' load is roughly in that range, so unless there's more that just one chip on the module, from that point of view it should be OK.

JW

Thanks for your reply. You need not look into the datasheet. My concern is can I connect 4 standard SRAMs to STM32 via FMC interface. While doing so the address bus, data bus, OE & WR signals will be shared among all. As a good practice and also for avoiding loading the buffers & transceivers are used in general for the older designs. I just want to know whether STM32 latest products like STM32L496 can work with such loads.