cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LL_ Driver not part of IDE workspace. (F411RE)

PKAci.1
Associate II

When i open an example project everything works OK.

When i create a project using CUBEMX or the IDE i see a limited number of drivers. Working with STM32F411RE. I don't see any LL Drivers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Houssem CHAABANI
Senior II

Dear @PKAci.1​ ,

In STM32CubeMX you can choose to work with HAL or LL and you can also choose yo copy all libraries or copy only the used libraries :

• under project manager -> Advanced Settings you can select the driver you want to have as HAL or LL.
  • under project manager -> code generator you can select:
  1. copy all used ...
  2. copy only ...
  3. Add ...

Hope that this solve you issue.

Kind regards,

Houssem

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

This is the default behavior because CubeMX and CubeIDE only copy library files that are necessary for the current selections you made during configuration.

CubeMX and CubeIDE also uses HAL by default, but you can easily change it: after configuring the required peripherals you can open tab Project Manager > Advanced Settings, where you'll find the list of selected peripherals. To the right of each line you will find the used lib, by default HAL. Just click it (yes, straight to the word HAL) to be able to change it to LL, which can be done independently for almost all peripheral, so you can choose which peripherals to use either library.

Good luck!

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Houssem CHAABANI
Senior II

Dear @PKAci.1​ ,

In STM32CubeMX you can choose to work with HAL or LL and you can also choose yo copy all libraries or copy only the used libraries :

• under project manager -> Advanced Settings you can select the driver you want to have as HAL or LL.
  • under project manager -> code generator you can select:
  1. copy all used ...
  2. copy only ...
  3. Add ...

Hope that this solve you issue.

Kind regards,

Houssem

Thank you so much. Outstanding support. Quick response and to the point. Very much appreciate it.

Thank you again. Very helpful guys. Love this company.