cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source Code for STM32G071R External Loader

Richard Lowe
Senior III

There is an external loader for the G0 series MCUs that comes with the M01 display kit. Does anyone know where the source code to that external loader is located at?

8 REPLIES 8

Which board/kit is this, please add a cite.

Generally these things aren't released, the Cube STM32 Programmer has a couple of examples. A query to your local FAE might yield something.

If you have the .STLDR these can be deconstructed.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Richard Lowe
Senior III

The .stldr in question is from the X-CUE-DISPLAY pack found in the Utilities/PC_Software/ExternalLoader/MX25L6433F_STM32G071B_NUCLEO.stldr.

The board is the Nucleo-G071RB with the X-NUCLEO-GFX01M1 LCD.

I'd like to use the X-NUCLEO-GFX01M1 in another, non-STM32G071B MCU. The SPI Flash chip on it I'd like to preload via external loader. I've watched the QSPI MOOC instruction and understand the QSPI process, but for this stldr it is a SPI based flash. I'd like to see how this was done so that I can write my own external loader.

How can I deconstruct the .stldr?

'strings -a MX25L6433F_STM32G071B_NUCLEO.stldr` is really fun to look through, but how to use the information?

I use things like FromELF and cross referencing disassemblers.

​This one pretty much just initializes the pins and SPI2, and then implements a handful of commands on the chip to erase, read and write.

Here is another related thread​

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000ORJ8GSAX/xnucleogfx01m1-and-nucleof446re-external-loader

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
DCajigal
Associate III

Hi,

I am facing the same problem. I cant find any example of a SPI based flash loader and i am not being able to run the one that i developed...

Any help would be really appreciated

When you want to fund some work, let me know.​

MKnop.2
Associate

While it currently does not seem to include a loader for the MX25L6433F,

this project might be worth watching; it seems to get updates regularly:

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/stm32-external-loader

Currently working on porting MX25L6433F support on to the F7 and H7 NUCLEO-144 platforms using the X-NUCLEO-GFX02Z1 boards

And also the MX66L1G45G (1Gbit / 128MB) parts on QuadSPI platforms, and LM parts on OctoSPI platforms.

MKnop.2
Associate

Nice, thanks for the information!