cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying pins configuration in expansion board sample project using STM32Cube IDE

TVeng.1
Associate II

using Nuleo-401RE EVAL and x-cube-spn3-Stepper Motor sample project for expansion board. want to use UART2 and change FLAG pin to PA0. In STM32 Cube IDE I am not able edit back the pin configuration (.ioc not visible in sample project), how to change or re-assign the pins and re-generate code, need to go back Cube Mx? or can we do with Cube IDE we can modify pin assignement?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunatelly no way. If example is delivered without any .ioc file. You have to reverse engineering here, starting a brand new project being able to benefit of device configuration tool.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hello @TVeng.1​ 

It will be more easily if you configure your pins through CubeMX then re-generate code.

Thanks, Khouloud

TVeng.1
Associate II

Thanks, I thought same but I want to re-use expansion board powerstepper1 driver and example application.

If I re-generate how to include this example application and driver again on top of newly generated BSP?

TVeng.1
Associate II

X-CUBE-SPN3 (High power stepper motor driver software expansion for STM32Cube) is the example project I am trying to modify, I am not seeing .ioc file in that to modify the pin and rebuild source code. Anyway to get the .ioc file? please help.

Unfortunatelly no way. If example is delivered without any .ioc file. You have to reverse engineering here, starting a brand new project being able to benefit of device configuration tool.

TVeng.1
Associate II

Thank you for clarifying