cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it Support's X-CUBE-MEMS1 library for BMD 300 (NRF52832) Board ?

SKuma.23
Associate

I'm working for LIS2DW12 sensor, I want to implement Pedometer so in this sensor there is no pedometer embedded option. I am using MEMS library but we are using BMD300 board (NRF52832),

is it supported for NRF52832 ?

3 REPLIES 3
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @SKuma.23​ ,

since the libraries are platform independent (they only need acceleration, gyro or magnetometer values as input data), you can use them together with different microcontroller, after inserting them in the there is the MotionPM real-time pedometer library that should fit your purpose. You can find it in the folder \Middlewares\ST\STM32_MotionPM_Library. The two main functions to be used are:

void MotionPM_Initialize(void)
void MotionPM_Update (MPM_input_t *data_in, MPM_output_t *data_out)

You cannot use the whole projects / application in the X-CUBE-MEMS1 package (the ones in the \Projects folder), since they are depends on specific STM32 boards, but no issue for the libraries.

-Eleon

1. I am trying to implement pedometer functionality using stm32F446RE nucleo board. I am using same API's but I getting Hard Fault error in this "void MotionPM_Initialize(void)" function.
  2. When we invoke those API's & I build, the build is successful but when we run project in this library rising exception(Hard fault error). we though that this are simple library directly we can use it is there any particular way to implement.
  3. is there any another way to implement Pedometer functionality for LIS2DW12 sensor. 0693W000006GRY6QAO.png
  4. 0693W000006GRYQQA4.png

Hi @SKuma.23​ ,

if you are using the NUCLEO-F446RE board, I suggest you not to start from scratch at the beginning, but to refer to the FP-SNS-ALLMEMS1 firmware function pack, which implements the LIS2DW12 sensor drivers and some of the X-CUBE-MEMS1 libraries (unfortunately, not the Pedometer one, but you can add it taking inspiration from the already-implemented ones). You can find an example in the \Projects\STM32F446RE-Nucleo\Applications\ALLMEMS1 folder.

For the "Hard fault error", it could have been caused by a wrong configuration of the Pedometer library, and for this reason I suggest to check the settings of the implementation of the previous example.

-Eleon