cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got the STM32H7B3 Discovery Kit for the graphics seminar but I cannot get the STLink to work.

Robert Ritchey
Associate III

The board powers up, the display comes on. The LED by the STLink connection is a solid red. STM32CubeProgrammer (v2.5.0) will not recognize the sTLink.  The computer is recognizing the connection as an STLInk-V3. I really do not know how to proceed from here. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Really not sure what is going on here. If the system recognizes the ST-LINK, it's not a cable issue, unless it isn't rated for USB 2.0 480 Mbps rates.

Most current release of Cube Programmer is v2.6.0 (just click thru, don't select a version)

https://my.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/software/utility/group0/d5/9b/ea/a8/cd/2d/4e/3c/stm32cubeprg-win64_v2-6-0/files/stm32cubeprg-win64_v2-6-0.zip/jcr:content/translations/en.stm32cubeprg-win64_v2-6-0.zip

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Robert Ritchey
Associate III

In the seminar they said only use Programmer version 2.5.0 as there had been reports of problems with newer versions. My standalone STLinks/V3s work just fine with programmer and IDE on my computer. Thanks.