cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I use the core STM32G431KBT6 the 10v power supply via Vin I want to monitor a variable via STm Studio, but when I insert the USB into the pc the variables are reset

Mbert.1
Associate II

hi, Reading the UM2397 manual on page 12 chapter "Power supply" describes the possibility of powering the core through Vin in a voltage range of 7V-12V, I power it at 10v (the power supply can supply 500mA sufficient current for a core). The card then turns on and works, I need to read some variables, after a few minutes from switching on then via the USB I connect to the card AND WHEN I DO THIS THE VARIABLES ARE RESET (this is not a power problem to be of course I monitored the Vdd voltage of the µ through an oscilloscope, the power supply is constant at + 3.3V). I monitored with osilloscope so the Nrst signal when I insert the USB into the PC someone sends a reset signal. Thinking it was ST-Link I tried to remove the resistor R4 (attached diagram), (to remove any connection between µ and ST-LINK) but nothing has changed, when I insert the USB into the computer the variables are reset. SOMEONE KNOWS HOW TO PREVENT THIS FROM HAPPENING?

2 REPLIES 2
Mbert.1
Associate II

hi, clive1 thanks for the reply!

The link you sent reports the question I previously asked, but since it is not easy to understand, I wanted to rewrite it.