cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kernel Config/ Adding applications/ Building Images

SigmaPrime
Senior

Hello

I have a question concerning how to build a customized image.

I followed this link first to get a general Idea

After that, I found that if I need to customize my Kernel and choose my packages (Customer apps) I can follow these links: Customer App and Kernel config

1- Should I customize before building my image using "bitbake <image>"

or after (I suppose before but just asking)

Just to be clear I will give some examples:

• Customer app will be used to add packages that may not be present
  • Kernel configurations: To activate modules and features for example security, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi features.

2- In which file do I need to be in order to apply the modifications that I want in my final image that I will flash.

Best regards

3 REPLIES 3
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @SigmaPrime​ ,

Prior to engage with Distribution package, are you sure you really need it ?

What do you want to do ?

Did you read this ?

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/Which_STM32MPU_Embedded_Software_Package_better_suits_your_needs

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Well Basically I am working on an IoT Project.

The First step is to learn how to set up my Linux image (Kernel Configuration and Package customization).

This means that I have to build an image where all the tools libs packages drivers and modules are available.

Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @SigmaPrime​ ,

Did you finally find what you were looking for ?

If a comment answer your question, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users to find that answer faster.

Thanks for you participation in this community !

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.