cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log the USB HID activity for STM32F3 discovery kit

HKhan.2
Associate II

I am trying to log the USB activity for my stm32 which is interfaced as a keyboard. I tried installing STM32 USB HID demonstrator but it is not supported for Window 10.

I want to log the usb activity in a log file to analyse the data received on host side.

4 REPLIES 4
HKhan.2
Associate II

@Community member​ any help please?

Not really a platform I'm using. For significant amount of data logging look at writing data to a SPI NOR Flash and be a MSC when presentimg data for recovery as it will involve less host side software and drivers.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Uwe Bonnes
Principal II
Nix Wayne
Associate III

At my ex-company we had a Beagle - Hardware USB sniffer. Really great device but way too expensive for a small company such I have now. So I risked it and I bought license for https://www.hhdsoftware.com/device-monitoring-studio

I must say it was money well spent. It saved me a lot of time debugging my USB composite device. You can't compare it to Beagle but for my situation it was perfect.

Another great tool is also SysNucleus USB Trace... however at the time I needed it I had problems purchasing it... their page was unavailable etc... so I decided for HHD.

I tried different free or trial solutions as well. Wireshark, Snoopy etc... Those might work just fine but they lack good interface etc... there could be some hassle to make it work properly etc... Sometimes it's just cheaper/faster to pay for a license and start using it.