cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not read memory! Disable Read Out Protection and retry.

I am using STMF746 controller with my customized board. By mistake I set memory protection unit. When I m trying to connect with STM Utility software, I am getting below error.

Can not read memory!

Disable Read Out Protection and retry.

In option bytes, I can see below settings

0693W000006EpMPQA0.pngand When I did below settings , click on apply I get error.

0693W000006EpNIQA0.png 

0693W000006EpOaQAK.png 

Any help ?

6 REPLIES 6

Do you have reset connected from your board? If yes, select "connect under reset" option in Target->Settings; if not, try to hold manually NRST low, or BOOT0 high, while attempting to connect.

JW

Yes, something on the device is not happy. As Jan indicates let's see how it performs if your code is not run. ie BOOT0 = HIGH

Please also be more specific about what exactly you did/set to get into this predicament.

Have you done a Mass Erase?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

@Community member​  @Community member​ Actually I am programming my bootloader code. Bootloader section is at section 1 so when I program my bootloader, Other section of flash is setting for write protection. I am not sure about reason, Any suggestions?

Do you have reset connected from your board? If yes, select "connect under reset" option in Target->Settings; if not, try to hold manually NRST low, or BOOT0 high, while attempting to connect.

JW

@Community member​ 

Yes I grounded reset pin and somehow able to erase my previous code. But Facing same issue when I program same bootloader code.

Any suggestions?

Make sure your code does not change setting of PA13 and PA14 (i.e. SWD signals) in GPIO.

If you don't set the readout protection, with the same code, can you debug it after a power reset?

JW