cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS2DW12TR accelerometer sensor is used in the current project for detecting the events such as, MOTION detection Tampering detection(single tap with high threshold) when i am enabling both the detections given above, only motion event is detected.

Mnago.1
Associate II

can i know why this observation is observed?

enabling all the event INTR's, according to the event occurred corresponding event INTR should be raised, but in my case only single tap event is not observed, can you please take this as a high priority can share the points on how to fix the issue.

1 REPLY 1
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Mnago.1​ ,

how are you configuring the INT registers for the LIS2DW12? Are you using one interrupt (e.g. INT1, configuring the CTRL4_INT1_PAD_CTRL (23h) register) for motion detection (wake up feature), and INT2 for tampering (single tap feature)? Or are you using the same interrupt channel?

In this case, especially if the defined threshold is lower for the motion detection (wake up) than for the tampering detection (single tap), or if the duration of the event is not well defined, it could happen that the first interrupt is masked by the second one, since the first threshold is crossed first also in the case of tampering detection, and the int is raised anyway, making motion masking tampering.

There is no way to define a priority in the internal device interrupts, but you can use two different physical interrupts / thresholds to detect the different events, or define the interrupt duration in a different way...

-Eleon