cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F746 Discovery's MEMS Microphone

spark
Associate II

Hi,

I could work perfectly with UART, SD Card, and button interrupt of this discovery kit. Now, I would appreciate, if you help me to start up the microphone of the stm32F746 Discovery board. The goal is to read the data from the microphone and watch them on the terminal (such as Putty). I configured the MCU in Stm32cubeMX as below:

• SAI A is activated on Master mode. The configuration is: (Audio mode: master transmit, protocol: I2S standard, Audio Frequency: 22.05 kHz)
  • USART1 is in Asynchronous mode.
  • RCC (HSE) is activated.
  • In NVIC, I enabled the SAI1 global Interrupt 
  • In DMA 2, I added SAI1_A.

Please let me know whether these configurations are correct or not. Moreover, please let me know what to do after code generation. if you have any example which can help me, please let me know. Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
KnarfB
Principal III

There is an example in the firmware lib, see https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeF7/tree/master/Projects/STM32746G-Discovery/Applications/Audio/Audio_playback_and_record or on your local machine. Makes heavy use of the board support libraries (BSP) which you find nearby. There is a audio codec chip converting PDM data from the mikes to SAI I2S data for the MCU.