cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate project from STM32F746G-disco to STM32H735-DK

Giovanni Cambareri
Associate II

Hi, which is the fastest way to migrate a touchGFX project from  STM32F746G-disco to STM32H735-DK? Actually on touchGFX application template I can't choose the STM32H735-DK.

I will glad if someone could help me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I will assume it is the same issue I had a few weeks ago. I had an issue with CubeProgrammer 2.4 which was in my Program Files (x86)\ folder, while my CubeProgrammer 2.5 was in Program Files\. As of now, the makefile looks first for the CubeProgrammer version in the x86 fodler, then looks at another location if it cannot find any. This will be soon updated to reverse the search order to prevent this kind of issues.

• go to C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\STM32CubeProgrammer
  • make sure it is the version 2.4 (open the /bin folder and open the STM32CubeProgrammer.exe or right click on it to look at its properties
  • If it is the 2.4, uninstall it

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Bob Bailey
Senior

I have the same question, can we get one of the experts in on this. I have moved the project to 4.15 / 1.5 it compiles and runs on the old board.

CubeMX is not happy about it so I need to make that migration also.

Then I want to move it all to the H735 board. I think I can port over all my code additions. Its the touchGFx stuff, how does one migrate?

Any hints?

Bob

Giovanni Cambareri
Associate II

Another detail is that I'm using 4.14 touchGFX version, CubeMx 6.1 and CubeIDE 1.4

Hi,

The STM32H735-dk application template can only be selected in TouchGFX Designer 4.15

When you say migrate, do you wish to only migrate the UI you have made for your project on the STM32F746-dk ?

/Romain

Giovanni Cambareri
Associate II

Yes I mean this! Just to migrate the UI interface I made to the STm32H735-Dk and load it to the display from touchGFX run Target. But another question...I can't download touchGFX 4.15, I can just adding it from CubeMX..

In general when you have an "empty" project for a board, you can import the gui part of an older project using the Designer. In Edit menu, find import. Then click Browse and find your old project.touchgfx file.

Thanks

Yes I've seen this, but since the template for STM32H735G-DK can only be selected in TouchGFX designer 4.15 and I can't download it from :

https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/touchgfxdesigner.html

How can I do this step? Actually I need just to load the UI I've done with the STM32F746-DK to the new H7-DK from touchGFX designer

Hi. Try again. If you do not select a version explicitly, you will get 4.15 (I just tried).

Thanks.

Yes...thanks! As you told I've tried to select the 4.15.... Now I can download it.

But I've a problem...I've imported the previous UI to the 4.15 and if i run the target I've got this error:

Error: external loader C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\STM32Cube\STM32CubeProgrammer\bin\ExternalLoader\MX25LM51245G_STM32H735G-DK.stldr cannot be loaded.

make[1]: *** [_extflash_] Error 1

gcc/Makefile:288: recipe for target '_extflash_' failed

../gcc/Makefile:52: recipe for target 'flash' failed

make: *** [flash] Error 2

Failed

Failed

Any idea how to solve this? thanks a lot

I am not sure, so I will let others answer.

But to progress I would start CubeProgrammer manually, select the external loader, find the .hex file, and program.

If it works, then it can also be done from the command line.

Have a nice day.