cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX keeps adding non existent folders to build path

MFerr.4
Associate

I originaly added the CubeMX NFC firmware module and made a few builds with that library.

Then I removed the NFC component and now every time I generate the code the folders lib_nfc\Target and lib_nfc are added to project resulting in a few warning.

I have to manualy remove the paths from build settings, but every code generation they are added again.

Someone can indicate me where I can switch off this behavior?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MFerr.4
Associate

Thank you for the answer.

I already did some investigationbefore resorting to the forum, and unfortunately there is no mention of lib_nfc in .ioc file.

In .cproject file there is the path actually added back during code generation.

Non mention of lib_nfc in the registry too.

But your suggestion made me try another more aggressive approach:

I ran a "grep -r lib_nfc *.*" in the root folder of the project ...

I found a mention of lib_nfc deep inside a .metadata binary file that I couldn't change.

But also an additional reference of the lib_nfc inside the .cproject file in an obscure entry:

<option id="com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.gnu.managedbuild.option.defaults.1897218958" ...

far to the right and several screens off side, intermixed with other (legitimate?) project folders.

Manually removing those entries fixed the problem.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

Either CubeMX is in a weird/buggy state due to you adding and then removing a component, or you're missing something within the configuration. If you can share the IOC, someone may take a look. You make be able to open the IOC itself in a text editor and see/fix the issue.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
MFerr.4
Associate

Thank you for the answer.

I already did some investigationbefore resorting to the forum, and unfortunately there is no mention of lib_nfc in .ioc file.

In .cproject file there is the path actually added back during code generation.

Non mention of lib_nfc in the registry too.

But your suggestion made me try another more aggressive approach:

I ran a "grep -r lib_nfc *.*" in the root folder of the project ...

I found a mention of lib_nfc deep inside a .metadata binary file that I couldn't change.

But also an additional reference of the lib_nfc inside the .cproject file in an obscure entry:

<option id="com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.gnu.managedbuild.option.defaults.1897218958" ...

far to the right and several screens off side, intermixed with other (legitimate?) project folders.

Manually removing those entries fixed the problem.

Thank you.