cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with running FatFs_eMMC_Standalone - STM32CubeIDE

Sid Price
Senior

I just received an STM32L4P5 Discovery board to evaluate eMMC for the STM32L4. In the firmware package for the STM32L4 there is an example project, "FatFs_eMMC_Standalone". I have built the example, however, when I try to run it the application halts in "initialize_monitor_handles". (SIGTRAP Trace/Breakpoint Trap)

Seems there is perhaps an option missing in the project, can anyone help me to resolve this please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Community member​ ,

You are right, I reproduced this issue with FatFs_eMMC_Standalone example, using STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.16.0 and STM32CubeIDE v1.5.0.

This example doesn't work on STM32CubeIDE, as there is a debugging issue on the semihosting configuration while calling the initialise_monitor_handles() function.

As workaround, I updated the Debug configuration in STM32CubeIDE as follow:

1- Use and configure ST-LINK (OpenOCD).

2- Add the command "monitor arm semihosting enable" into startup Initialization commands .

0693W000006FP0PQAW.jpg0693W000006FP0jQAG.jpgI hope this workaround is helpful for you.

Thanks for pointing out this issue, I have passed it along to our development team for fix.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ ,

Which Firmware package version are you using ?

Have you proceeded like described in the readme.txt file?

Have you made any changes to the example provided in the Cube package?

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Sid Price
Senior

Hi @Imen DAHMEN​ , I have changed nothing in the project, just opened it in STM32CubeIDe, built it, and tried to run it. I think CubeIDE updated the firmware package to STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.16.0.

Sid

Hi @Community member​ ,

You are right, I reproduced this issue with FatFs_eMMC_Standalone example, using STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.16.0 and STM32CubeIDE v1.5.0.

This example doesn't work on STM32CubeIDE, as there is a debugging issue on the semihosting configuration while calling the initialise_monitor_handles() function.

As workaround, I updated the Debug configuration in STM32CubeIDE as follow:

1- Use and configure ST-LINK (OpenOCD).

2- Add the command "monitor arm semihosting enable" into startup Initialization commands .

0693W000006FP0PQAW.jpg0693W000006FP0jQAG.jpgI hope this workaround is helpful for you.

Thanks for pointing out this issue, I have passed it along to our development team for fix.

Imen

Thanks
Imen
Sid Price
Senior

@Imen DAHMEN​ Thanks you, this was the work-around I got from a case I opened and it is a great work-around.

I look forward to an updated CubeIDE so that I may continue using GDB server.

@Community member​ , Glad to know that the issue is solved for you 😊

After an internal cross-check (with the STM32CubeIDE team), actually, there is no plan to integrate this feature.

Imen

Thanks
Imen