cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration of MLC sensors

SYama.3
Associate II

I am playing with my STWIN evaluation kit and I am trying to understand the final step of configuration of the Machine Learning Core in the sensor.

Are the configuration registers on the sensor flashed like that of an MCU when you load the ucf file? Is the sensor configured every time by the MCU upon reset?

I ask because I am trying to use an MLC sensor in my design where it would be interfaced to am MCU where you program in Micropython. It would take some time to write equivalent drivers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @SYama.3​ ,

I don't know if I catch your point, but you can write the .ucf file data (containing the register value and the corresponding value to be written), in the standard way, i.e. via I2C or SPI communication.

You can consider for instance the configuration examples available on Github, where you can find the casting of an .ucf file into a .h file for C language.

lsm6dsox_yoga_pose_recognition.ucf --> lsm6dsox_yoga_pose_recognition.h

You should convert .ucf file into python file as you would do for a standard configuration of the STWIN IMU device.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @SYama.3​ ,

I don't know if I catch your point, but you can write the .ucf file data (containing the register value and the corresponding value to be written), in the standard way, i.e. via I2C or SPI communication.

You can consider for instance the configuration examples available on Github, where you can find the casting of an .ucf file into a .h file for C language.

lsm6dsox_yoga_pose_recognition.ucf --> lsm6dsox_yoga_pose_recognition.h

You should convert .ucf file into python file as you would do for a standard configuration of the STWIN IMU device.

-Eleon

SYama.3
Associate II

Thanks. Is it a one-time operation or does it need to be written after every reset/power-up?

SYama.3
Associate II

It is much clear now. I read through the C driver example. You do have to configure it before entering the main loop. Thanks for the help.

Registers are in volatile memory, so you should re-write them after every power on.

If the answer helped you to solve the issue, please select that as "Best Answer" to help future community users with similar issues.

-Eleon