cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEBUGGER NOT WORKING WHEN GPIO A13 IS SET AS INPUT PIN (#7) WITH EXTERNAL INTERRUPT, MCU STM32G031J6

EBolz.1
Associate II

Hi, when I try to use pin #7 of STM32G031J6 as GPIO A14 configured as input with external interrupt, the debugger crashes and lose control of the application. This is not happening if I change pin, eg. use GPIO B0 on pin #5 the same way.

Has anybody encountered a similar problem? Thanks, Elena

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

PA14 is used by the SWD protocol which is used by the debugger. Using it for another purpose is okay, but it means your debugger won't work and you won't be able to connect over SWD.

It's best to leave PA14 and PA13 alone whenever possible for this reason.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TDK
Guru

PA14 is used by the SWD protocol which is used by the debugger. Using it for another purpose is okay, but it means your debugger won't work and you won't be able to connect over SWD.

It's best to leave PA14 and PA13 alone whenever possible for this reason.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
EBolz.1
Associate II

Sorry, in the description I reported PA14 but my problem is with PA13. In any case, your explanation is clear.

Thanks,

Elena

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
EBolz.1
Associate II

SOLVED