cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is QSPI(QUADSPI) Interface works with STM32F412CGU6 Microcontroller.

Nikunj Patel
Associate III

Hello @Community member​ @All ALL​ @Alexandre Allien​ 

Currently, I am using STM32F412CGU6 Microcontroller along with External FLASH(W25Q32JVSSIQ).

The External Flash(W25Q32JVSSIQ) supports QSPI interface for fast reading of data.

I would like to interface STM32F412CGU6 Microcontroller with external flash (W25Q32JVSSIQ) in QSPI interface.

The STM32F412CGU6 Microcontroller does not have physical pin IO2(QUADSPI_BK2_IO2) & IO3.( QUADSPI_BK2_IO3).

Is there any alternate solution that can help me to use the QSPI interface ?

Is it possible that I can use the GPIO line PA15 and PA8 as IO2 and IO3 respectively?

Should I modified the "HAL_QSPI_MspInit" API with following change?

/* QSPI D2 GPIO pin configuration */

GPIO_InitStruct.Pin    = GPIO_PIN_15;

HAL_GPIO_Init(GPIOA, &GPIO_InitStruct);

/* QSPI D3 GPIO pin configuration */

GPIO_InitStruct.Pin    = GPIO_PIN_8;

HAL_GPIO_Init(GPIOA, &GPIO_InitStruct);

Please guide me for same.

Regards,

Nikunj Patel

3 REPLIES 3

You can't randomly assign pins.

48UFQFPN Right? Picked the wrong part to do QSPI, AF mappings totally unhelpful

@STOne-32​ Really need to bang some heads about coming up with workable AF mappings on these lower pin count devices.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Nikunj Patel
Associate III

Hello @Community member​ @All ALL​ @Alexandre Allien​ 

yes, I am using "UFQFPN48" package and I am totally agree with your answer.

please, let me know that "Can I use "Dual SPI" instead of "Standard SPI" for STM32F412CGU6 ".

If Dual SPI possible.

• How can I configure it?
  • Is QSPI configuration is working with following change.
    • "PIN Configuration" for IO0 and IO1 only and remove IO2 and IO3 in "HAL_QSPI_MspInit" API.
    • Enable the "QSPI_DUALFLASH_ENABLE".
    • Or Is there any other configuration required ?

If possible, Please, Provide me any link or sample example for Dual SPI configuration.

Regards,

Nikunj Patel

Dual in that context would be two FLASH IC's

With NCS,CLK,IO0, and IO1 the 2-bit "dual" commands/mode might function. ie 2 LINE modes for CMD, ADDR, DATA

You'd probably want to try wiring up a test fixture and double check before committing to a PCB

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..