cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is included in "FreeRTOS™ debug support" feature coming with CubeIDE 1.5.0

Mohammad A
Senior

It's been a which that I am using NXP FreeRTOS TAD and WHIS StateViewer until now that I've noticed about a new feature added to STM32CubeIDE 1.5.0 as Added FreeRTOS™ debug support

But what is this exactly and what is included into it? Because I can't find any additional view related to FreeRTOS or any check boxes to enable Thread Awareness Debugging in debug configuration for STLink or openOCD (SEGGER JLink already had this feature) after updating to the latest version (1.5.0)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mattias norlander
ST Employee

In total 4 views to show information about Tasks, Queues, Semaphores and Timers. The support does not yet offer being able to examine each tasks stack like when using the SEGGER probe+dlls. Something to look into in the future.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KnarfB
Principal III
mattias norlander
ST Employee

In total 4 views to show information about Tasks, Queues, Semaphores and Timers. The support does not yet offer being able to examine each tasks stack like when using the SEGGER probe+dlls. Something to look into in the future.

There's a workarounds to enable Thread Awareness Debugging for openOCD using STLink but requires some efforts to write some configurations. It would be so good if ST add this feature as a simple checkbox for openOCD too.