cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does SRAM2 parity work with the BLE stack?

eleventen
Associate III

Greetings,

My application for the STM32WB uses the BLE full stack from v1.8 of the Cube. I just noticed that there is a v1.10. I plan to test this as well, just in case this has been fixed.

The cube has code to manipulate the SRAM2 parity options, but there are no samples using it. When I enable Sram2 parity and put some of my data into this RAM, everything is OK and the system operates as expected. However, if I then load the BLE stack and start c2, the system throws an NMI which, I believe, comes from a parity error.

I'm still working through getting an exact location for the fault. What I'm seeing is leading me to believe it is the BLE stack that is causing the issue, but I won't know for sure until I can retrieve the fault address.

At this point, the question is simply this, is SRAM2 parity supported with the BLE stack?

Cheers

P.S. I did a little follow up to see if there is a record of the address that faulted. What I can see is that my program was in WFE when the fault occurred. This further suggests that the NMI is coming from C2.

PPS. I verified that stack 1.10 behaves the same way. Enabling parity with the stack throws an NMI when C2 is booted.

0 REPLIES 0