cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there any application note for Pedometer (LIS2DW12) ?

SKuma.23
Associate

I am using LIS2DW12 sensor i need to implement Pedometer functionality so I need to know is there any application note or any reference note for LIS2DW12

1 REPLY 1
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @SKuma.23​ ,

Although the LIS2DW12 has not the pedometer function embedded, you should use an external algorithm for the pedometer application: and you can implement it in different ways, this is why, I believe, there is a unique way to deal with this application, and some ST algorithms are covered by patent royalties (this, for example).

You can however find some details in the MotionPM real-time pedometer library in X-CUBE-MEMS1 expansion for STM32Cube: it provides real-time information about the number of steps and cadence just performed by the user with the device, such as a cell phone. Some other details can be found in the library folder \Middlewares\ST\STM32_MotionPM_Library\Documentation.

I suggest you to consider also a device that already has the step-counter digital feature embedded, for example the LIS2DS12 device. In the app note AN4748 at p.28. Or also more complex IMU devices (example).

Please mark this answer if it is helping you.

-Eleon