cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a IOC file for SensorTile example projects?

David Wallén
Associate III

I am evaluating MEMS sensors using the SensorTile hardware and accompanying software (STSW-STLKT01). The toolkit has thus far been very nice.

In order to move the project further I now want to port the AudioLoop example project to another MCU on a Nucleo Board.

I am wondering if there is an IOC file available for the SensorTile reference projects (AudioLoop in particular) in order to make this process easier?

Or what is the recommended way of porting these examples?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

David

4 REPLIES 4
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi David,

Unfortunately there are no .ioc files for the Sensortile dev kit, not only because of a resource lack.

In particular for the AudioLoop application, in fact, and in general for all the procedures that are dealing with the audio stream acquisition and processing, there are severe limitation on the settings of the clock tree in CubeMX, that totally prevent an "automatic" .ioc file creation able to configure the physical pins and the peripherals of the STM32L4 onboard microcontroller in the correct way.

What I would suggest you is to start from the available project in \Projects\SensorTile\Applications\AudioLoop\SW4STM32\STM32L4xx-SensorTile and modify it according to your specific application purpose.

-Eleon

David Wallén
Associate III

posted as reply instead, can't delete

Hi Eleon,

Thanks for the reply, I understand that the clock tree needs to be modified in order to suit my conditions.

I was imagining that there would be a library that allows Audio acquisition through MEMS directly, configurable through CubeMX (CubeIDE) and using HAL functions.

Is there some extended documentation for how to do this, using for example X-CUBE-MEMSMIC?

I have looked into the source of AudioLoop, and to me it seems to me that starting from that project is still quite a suboptimal path. I need to port it to an STM32F412 processor, and there seems to be quite a lot of custom setup with little documentation. I'm thinking specifically of the mic config part in usbd_audio_in. Can I expect that to port straight to a F412 processor?

Best Regards,

David

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi David @David Wallén​ ,

I would suggest you to try with the FP-SNS-ALLMEMS1 package, and in particular with the project in Projects\Multi\Applications\ALLMEMS1\SW4STM32\STM32L476RG-SensorTile\STM32L4xx-SensorTile, which manage also the MP34DT01 MEMS microphone acquisition and audio stream processing (even if not the more complex audio applicaxziotn such as Beam Forming and Source Localization, since the SensorTile is equipped from a single MEMS microphone)

Consider that X-CUBE-MEMSMIC has not natively been built for the SensorTile platform, but for X-Nucleo related boards.

Regarding the portability of the FW from SensorTile MCU (L4) and STM32F412, they are both based on Cortex-M4 core, so it should be quite smooth... however, if you need a full support on this topic, I suggest you to contact direct regional support from the st.com link.

-Eleon