cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full names being displayed in TouchGFX forum posts.

AndrewM
Associate III

I haven't looked at the forum for a few weeks but just noticed that my full name is being displayed in a question I just posted, rather than my nickname.

I would prefer that my nickname were displayed instead - could we revert to doing that please?

Also, when I look at my profile, I can't find how to change my real name anywhere, although I can see where to change my nickname. Is it possible to modify my real name?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AndrewM
Associate III

Ahaaaa, I think I know what's happening. If I am not logged in when I look at the TouchGFX forum, I see my nickname. If I *am* logged in to the TouchGFX forum it shows me my real name. Seems OK then.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Michael K
Senior III

Yup, I had this too. It's weird because the community.st.com site seems independent of my.st.com, but in fact they share data with eachother.

1. Go to my.st.com
  2. Log in, then go to My Account
  3. Manage My Account -> Update Profile
  4. You'll probably see your full name listed here, and can edit it.
AndrewM
Associate III

Thanks Michael, yep I can see how to edit my real name there.

I only thought about editing my real name because it was being displayed instead of my nickname, but now my nickname is being displayed again, so no need. But good to know in case it happens again! 😀

AndrewM
Associate III

D'oh! I just noticed it is happening again - my real name is being displayed in the TouchGFX forum. 😬

AndrewM
Associate III

Ahaaaa, I think I know what's happening. If I am not logged in when I look at the TouchGFX forum, I see my nickname. If I *am* logged in to the TouchGFX forum it shows me my real name. Seems OK then.

Thank you for clearing this out 😅 , I was surprised by this as well as I could not see your full name even with ST access.