cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have pruchased a STM32L476VG Discovery board recently. I wanted to build a USB to CAN Interface. For that purpose I need to take CAN Tx, Rx data lines from the STM32 Discovery board and I have to connect those lines to any external transceiver.

RahulR
Associate II

I had gone through the datasheet and user manual. I could not fined respective CAN_TX, CAN_RX pins on the board(Pin Number PA12(CAN_TX), PA11(CAN_RX)). These pins are not available on the Discovery board. Then how can I take CAN TX, RX data to the external transceiver? Can anybody help me to find those pins and how it has to be proceeded for building the CAN ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

As the name suggests, Discovery Boards try to give the chance to discover as many possibilities of the particular device as possible. Unfortunately, the relevant pins are already blocked at your Discoveryso that it is not possible to connect the CAN transceiver.

Please use a NUCLEO instead, e.g. the NUCLEO-L476RG, where all pins can be used freely.

Good luck!

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

As the name suggests, Discovery Boards try to give the chance to discover as many possibilities of the particular device as possible. Unfortunately, the relevant pins are already blocked at your Discoveryso that it is not possible to connect the CAN transceiver.

Please use a NUCLEO instead, e.g. the NUCLEO-L476RG, where all pins can be used freely.

Good luck!

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank You Peter BENSCH for the infomation