cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touchgfx Tearing Issue in STM32F412VGT6

Ewen.1
Associate II

I made touchgfx GUI with STM32F412VGT6, my LCD is 240*240. The inferface is 8080 8bit (also tried 16bit mode). I use widget , container in my UI but when I change page in swipe container, there is tearing issue in my screen. And the tearing position is not in a fixed position. I capture the waveform and the data frame is not synchronous with the TE signal from the LCD. How to solve these issue in the MCU? It confused me long time. Our project is pending on this tearing issure. 0693W000005D0QjQAK.png

7 REPLIES 7
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Are you running the optimized version of single framebuffer strategy? There is an option to let TouchGFX know which line in the GRAM the display is reading and displaying, and to not update any lines below that.

/Martin

Ewen.1
Associate II

Hi,Martin

how to find optimized version of single frambuffer strategy you mentioned above? Thanks.

Hi,Martin

how to find optimized version of single frambuffer strategy you mentioned above? Thanks.

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

How did you create the project?

0693W000006EaMKQA0.pngI ​created the project in touchgfx designer , there is STM32F412G Discovery demo in templates. Because my LCD is also a 240*240 LCD. I changed the LCD driver st7789.c to my own LCD driver. Then I made the my own GUI on it.

Okay, since it's a custom LCD you may be missing something then that tells TouchGFX what the display is doing so it can wait with a particular transfer to the GRAM.

hi Martin,

I test the TE and NE signal port on STM412G Discovery Board and download the ST demo into it,it has the same waveform like I post for you.​