cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating fault during motor start process for ESC002V1.

JPanc.2
Associate

Hello,

I would like to develop a firmware using ESC002V1 for my Motor speed control application. As suggested by the document( https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/user_manual/group1/1d/87/46/a2/4c/4d/45/9f/DM00571146/files/DM00571146.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00571146.pdf), I have made all the arrangements such as soldered PWM signal wires, used STSW-ESC002V1 firmware for running motor via PWM mode, changed setting in (project -> options -> C/C++ -> processor -> defined symbols) and have set system for PWM.

While using running code in debugger mode, the motor was stand still.

Trying out method 2:

The launchpad can also respond to commands via UART and accordingly run motor. The settings were shifted to UART based and the UART sending and receiving command operation was carried on TERMITE. After debugging code in launchpad -> sending START command via termite, we are receiving a fault. The image of the fault is attached in the post below. The fault states a LF_TIM fault.

I would like to know how to eliminate these faults. My project is versatile and I can use either PWM based motor speed control or UART based motor speed control technique.

0693W000005CsTGQA0.png

1 REPLY 1
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @JPanc.2​ 

Sorry for late answer, last time I make an overall status on unanswered question on the STM32 Motor Control forum tag (the 31st of december), you're question was not visible on STM32 Motor Control forum tag.

Probably a tool bug.

Did you solve your problem in the meantime?

Best regards

Laurent C.