Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADC with DMA and timer

KD�?b
Associate II

Hello

my MCU stm32f411ceu

I am using ADC with DMA and timer. I am sampling signal at 48 khz using TIM2. It means that every 21 us there is a new measurement. My ADCCKL taking into account prescaler is 6 Mhz. The bit resolution is 12 bits. If i my sampling time is 28 cycles that means my conversion time of one sample is 6,66 us. I am using half and fullcallbacks EOC. When I change sampling time to 84 cycles, the conversion time of one sample is 16 us. I try to sample 1khz sinusoid .But when i take 1000 samples using sampling time 84 cycles there are more sinusoids than when sampling time is 28 cycles, meaning the frequency of sin is higher. I thought that if the conversion time is less than 21 us (so the conversion of a sample is completed before next measurement), then the sampling time should not impact of the frequency of measurement, but in my case it does. Am I thinking wrong? Thanks for help in advance.

1 REPLY 1
TDK
Guru

Your logic is correct. Note that there is an additional ~12 cycles needed for each conversion on top of the sampling time. This doesn't affect your logic, however.

The issue is likely in your code or in your assumptions.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".